Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ban appeal
Your OOC name (byond username): FargothUr911

Your in-game name (Used most or at the time): Lampra Cloffmuncher

Your Discord username and #tag: FargothUr #6712

Approximate Time of Ban (Give your best estimate. Used for investigation): 17:36:44

Ban Reason/Message (Copy paste or screenshot of the ban screen with round ID, banning admin visible): at round start killed 3 people as cook. After being warned about killing the first person killed one more. You've had multiple warning for murderboning in the past you know better then this.

State your appeal (Please limit to 500 words or less): Where do I even begin? Well, I was playing a chef during this shift and I went off to take the bartender's monkey, in which the bartender did chase me with a shotgun, then some random assistant decides to climb over the desk and join in the fight too, I ended up getting into a fight with both of them, poorly attempting to pacify the two and the assistant poorly escalating a fight by throwing toolboxes and tanks at me, I ended up killing the two (I don't remember the third person though?), anyways, got bwoinked by Papa and warned, ticket closed.

Of course, while I am still trying to do my job, I assume that one of the people I killed went for the slime ghost role, deciding to destroy my APC, I expressed my frustration at this and I was told "It was a slime so it's valid", so I go out and kill the slime. After painstakingly fixing my APC (bearing in mind an admin stopped me from entering engineering so I had to find a power control module somewhere else, ignored by the engineers on comms of course) I get back to cooking and the shift goes completely fine.

That is until a golem, which I am completely confident in that the player who was that golem was that slime, as they rush straight into my kitchen and destroy the APC I put all of my time and effort into repairing. It was evident at this point that this player was purposely grudging and going out of their way to grief me as a golem. I went ahead and killed them cause I honestly got sick of the shift and the constant grief happening to me. I ahelped after I killed them (I admit I should've ahelped before I murdered them) but this is completely ridiculous, one of the admins replies with "If it's that slime I swear im deleting him" and a couple of minutes later on the shuttle, dealing with a shitter golem murdering someone (PROBABLY THE SAME GUY), I get immediately banned, no reply back saying "yeah you did this wrong" or even a warning, instead I feel like all the problems and shit that I had to deal with that shift fell on deaf ears.

I don't know how you guys geniuenly expect me to not get angry, that whole entire shift I got perpetually griefed over and over again, basically unable to do my job, it's not like I purposely went out of my way to grief the server, I just wanted to grill for God's Sake.
Wasn't there personally, but from reading this I think this ban was not justified
We took care of the other person, but it doesn't make it OK to kill 3 people at round start. No one was in the right.
(01-14-2020, 01:12 AM)Slig Wrote: We took care of the other person, but it doesn't make it OK to kill 3 people at round start. No one was in the right.
If that is all the ban was about then it's unjustified, papa already closed that ticket and warned me.
Kinda dumb that you got banned even after being warned. Also that you got banned with out the chance to explain the situation.
PHP Code:
print('Kill lizards'
Bear with me here but, if you were banned for that then it’s justified...

Now, if you were not given the chance to explain yourself, then I believe it’s only right to unban you. I’m not sure of the entire situation so that’s just my two cents (cents? sense?).

Also the situation you say seems to be a legitimate situation for self defense. I’m not sure about that either. I’m just going off of your appeal.

Would like to hear from the banning admin’s POV before judging
(01-14-2020, 03:38 AM)Toxika Wrote: Bear with me here but, if you were banned for that then it’s justified...

Now, if you were not given the chance to explain yourself, then I believe it’s only right to unban you. I’m not sure of the entire situation so that’s just my two cents (cents? sense?).

Also the situation you say seems to be a legitimate situation for self defense. I’m not sure about that either. I’m just going off of your appeal.

Would like to hear from the banning admin’s POV before judging
I mean, I got warned for killing all those three in the kitchen and the ticket closed relating to that issue by Papa. It would be like if you killed a random player and an admin says "hey, I will give you a warning for doing that, don't do it again" and closes the ticket, only for some moderator to wordlessly request your ban. Tell me how that is remotely fair?

I can't stress this enough,  I already had that ticket where I killed the three men resolved, this moderator, deducting from the ban reason, acted like I killed 2 more people in the kitchen after I had been warned about killing one.

No, I was warned for killing all three.
I had in fact already closed the case for fargoths ticket, and yes it was after they killed the 3 people in question. Youve had a lot of cases for similar griefing in the past with overescalating fights or doing more damage than is neccesary in an mrp scenario but youve never been banned or recieved a proper final warning, which is what i did. Given you were treated unfairly in that round with one player abusing spawners to metagrudge you i didnt want to ban you for it, but the initial fight was what worried me because you killed that naughty bartender instead of critting them and you had done that in the past too.

The reason you´re banned came from miscommunication from staff as it was originally another moderator who handled your ticket and i stepped in later to give the final verdict, but they had already written a request for your ban which another admin then applied not knowing the context.

Ill unban you since theres no reason to give someone a final warning for overescalation if they just get banned anyway, but said final warning still stands and i hope you can improve that behaviour in the future so we dont have to come back here again.

cheers and have a nice day.
[Image: lnVciyg.gif]
Appealed. Closing.
[Image: 8SOCkdc.gif]