Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saliferous' Moderator App
Byond Account: Saliferous
Discord Name: Saliferous Shadow (Saliferous)
Timezone: Central Standard Time
Active hours: Current: (11pm)/12am-5am.  Future: 6pm-1am

How long have you played on Fulpstation? SS13 in general?
I've only just recently joined Fulp back at the end of May, I've been playing SS13 for several months.

Do you have experience as a moderator?
I've moderated on discord servers for the past several years, and a little bit on some game servers. 
(unfortunately one of them is gmod) Moderation for SS13 will be a new experience, but one I am hoping to pick up quickly and effectively.

What are some things you've noticed as a player on Fulp?
There are a lot of openings for griefing and power gaming on the server. It, however, is not something that can be easily blocked, as doing so would begin to take the unique fun that is SS13 away from the server. That is where I feel a greater demand for moderation may come into play, as the act of 'trusting people to play fair' obviously won't always work out.

Why do you think you would be a good moderator for the server?

I want everyone to have fun, preferably if it does not ruin the fun for others. I also have patience when it comes to resolving matters and will try to ensure that a repeat offense is unlikely.
[Image: unknown.png]
gmod experience is definitely not a bad thing. several admins including me have gmod backgrounds. you're quite new though - my recommendation for now is that you would learn a lot by cloning the game to your machine and running it locally. this is a good way to learn admin tools and the basics of some departments.
i'll leave this application open for now, to see if anyone else wants to weigh in
Thumbs up.
Honestly people can learn the panels pretty quickly. Considering we are still getting times where only one or even no people are online to make sure everyone is having a good time, more people could be better. I don't have much of any experience with you in game though.
[Image: 8SOCkdc.gif]
I don't know if this is still active or not but I'll +1 it
Sal is a good laugh in the staff bar. Maybe if he's on at the same time as me I'll see if he can advise me what he would do with my tickets as they come in at some point. Let me know Sal and I'll see if we can sort that out.
[Image: 7263a3df76cf6d7e46a9175b16f902d3.png]
sal and i like to poke fun at each other because he's a dumbass who likes steven crowder but he does a good enough job at not being a totally inept shitbag so i guess i'll give him a shot
PHP Code:
print("honest to god this shit sucks"