Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ban Request [Sadi Carnot (Carlgauss)?]
(03-29-2017, 06:25 AM)FlippityFlop Wrote: Upon reading that, it does change it a bit. Improperly handling a traitor is one thing; however, arresting the RD for an unused flamethrower that is being put in the destructive analyzer is unreasonable at best. Ten minutes of "processing" and force feeding him liquor is much more than enough punishment for any crime you could perceive was done in that situation. Putting a 500 point labor requirement on top of that is just ridiculous. I could understand if he were spraying it about in the halls, but putting it in the destructive analyzer i.e. his job? That's borderline grief.
Neither of you have said much about the shaft miner, but assuming he wasn't arrested "for no reason", what you did was silly. If he was an antagonist, he should have been borged or morgued. If he was a griefer, he should have been put in the morgue to rot.
Cloning him and cuffing him directly afterwords is just messing with him and is pointless for any reason but messing with him.
This is making the assumption that he isn't lying, however, and until an admin can provide logs or one of you two can provide screenshots of anything that isn't IC and OOC, all I can do is side with the person who seems to provide a more realistic account.

I'm hoping to garner some trust here based on the fact that he blatantly lied in the first sentence of his response.
Sadi was in his right to arrest and search you considering it was code blue, and on further examination of a box in someone's hand it can be seen that it's red & black (I'm fairly sure at least) however this was handled badly, as the HoS Sadi should be using Space Law as a guide to a degree and handing out sentences that equate to the crime. Handing out a 100 point labour sentence to a confirmed traitor but a 500 point labour sentence to an RD with an unloaded flamethrower is just asinine, and as a head role he should know better than to pull shit like that, not to mention fucking with him by feeding him vodka in your office for 10 minutes which is a huge waste of time; didn't you stop to think "while I'm forcefeeding this RD vodka for doing his job, traitors may be burning down the station" ?

That said I can empthasize somewhat with Sadi, security is more often than not poorly staffed here and dealing with every report of a traitor or griefer on your own can be overwhelming. I think logs are needed to better clarify the situation here but from what I've read I think Sadi needs to be warned for his poor conduct here and maybe a short jobban if what dick magician said is true.
(03-29-2017, 01:16 PM)blades84 Wrote: Sadi was in his right to arrest and search you considering it was code blue, and on further examination of a box in someone's hand it can be seen that it's red & black (I'm fairly sure at least) however this was handled badly, as the HoS Sadi should be using Space Law as a guide to a degree and handing out sentences that equate to the crime. Handing out a 100 point labour sentence to a confirmed traitor but a 500 point labour sentence to an RD with an unloaded flamethrower is just asinine, and as a head role he should know better than to pull shit like that, not to mention fucking with him by feeding him vodka in your office for 10 minutes which is a huge waste of time; didn't you stop to think "while I'm forcefeeding this RD vodka for doing his job, traitors may be burning down the station" ?

That said I can empthasize somewhat with Sadi, security is more often than not poorly staffed here and dealing with every report of a traitor or griefer on your own can be overwhelming. I think logs are needed to better clarify the situation here but from what I've read I think Sadi needs to be warned for his poor conduct here and maybe a short jobban if what dick magician said is true.

I cannot stress this enough, he didn't look through my bag or search me, he stripped me in the armoury and threw all of my things into the contraband locker.  And I also wanted to make sure that I was correct on the box situation so when I got traitor in a round following this I pulled one of each out and they both look the same on a character model (I didn't even pull it out in the hallway why the fuck would I pull out a box for taking the nuclear core out in front of the HoS when Im nowhere near the nuke).  I don't think someone who would do what he did to the RD for literally doing their job would be so incredibly lenient and kind to someone they had 'verified' a traitor.  On the subject of security being shortstaffed you're right, but during this round I think there was 8 players, 2 of which were sec.  So in a round where 25% of the crew is security the HoS was spending all that time messing with the RD.  The only reason I'm not simply waiting for an admin to come in with logs is because of the box situation, which I know to be true.
(03-29-2017, 09:19 PM)Dick Magician Wrote: I cannot stress this enough, he didn't look through my bag or search me, he stripped me in the armoury and threw all of my things into the contraband locker.  And I also wanted to make sure that I was correct on the box situation so when I got traitor in a round following this I pulled one of each out and they both look the same on a character model (I didn't even pull it out in the hallway why the fuck would I pull out a box for taking the nuclear core out in front of the HoS when Im nowhere near the nuke).  I don't think someone who would do what he did to the RD for literally doing their job would be so incredibly lenient and kind to someone they had 'verified' a traitor.  On the subject of security being shortstaffed you're right, but during this round I think there was 8 players, 2 of which were sec.  So in a round where 25% of the crew is security the HoS was spending all that time messing with the RD.  The only reason I'm not simply waiting for an admin to come in with logs is because of the box situation, which I know to be true.

Yeah his processing procedure should've been better but that's an IC issue really. I've attatched a photo to show you what I mean, they appear the same on a character model but if you examine the character the sprite and name shows itself.

[Image: dAltoa3.png]
(03-27-2017, 10:27 PM)GaussintheHouse Wrote: Sorry friend, but when you pull out a red box and run away, I am within my rights to tase you and search you. In fact, I can search you as I please and deem it prudent if its code blue (it was). I was going to let you off lightly with a 100 point sentence and just confiscate your PDA and the nuke box but then you ghosted and Argentus started complaining in OOC, I'll provide pictures of that in my next post. Also, the detective raised your sentence because you were vandalizing shit in the labor camp.

See where he says "pull out", I doubt he was constantly examining my character to see the change from empty hand to syndicate box.
(03-30-2017, 12:04 AM)Dick Magician Wrote: See where he says "pull out", I doubt he was constantly examining my character to see the change from empty hand to syndicate box.

It's possible, is what I mean. He could've easily examined you and saw the sprite and name of the box explaining why he didn't bother to search you (although he should have to see if any other contraband was in your possession)