Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Your OOC name: OSDevon

Your in-game name: Adrian Cuyler (Human) Cybo (Cyborg) S.H.A.D.O.N (AI)

Your Discord username and #tag: Yandere BF#7275

Approximate Time of Ban: 2020-01-14 00:29:47 (I only know because the ban notification on login says so)

Ban Reason/Message:
[Image: UTO8int.png]
State your appeal: Never had to appeal anything like this before so I guess I'll do my best to explain my side.
While trying to help deal with the SM delam, I was turning OFF the Emitters and for a moment it accidentally devolved into both of us switching them off and on while trying to switch them at the same time. I don't know where this argument claim is coming from, because all I said can be summed up as "I'm not the one turning them on", and the PMs I received were much less "YOU NEED TO STOP!" and more "If you're trying to help, don't do what you're doing". As for the siphoning, yes I did siphon the chamber just outside the AI board storage room to act as a deterrent to
any possible wrongdoers. Deterrent being the key word here, because if any no-gooders came in, they could just as easily retreat to safety and hopefully rethink their strategy. Further in my defense, nobody was harmed by it, and if they were, it would only have been because I was carded a (figurative) thousand and one times, and wouldn't be able to restore atmosphere to the chamber.  Past that, I wasn't at any point given any further warning or notice about my actions (actions, I will maintain to the grave, that have been made in the best of faith) about any sort of punishment, least of all not a banning. I understand that sometimes cases might take a minute to be convened on, but I just don't see it as fair or reasonable to wait as much time between the round and taking action without warning.

EDIT: New stuff
Oh man! I only JUST NOW discovered I'm silicone banned! That sucks! I got zero notification about ANY bans! I only found out about the temp because the server notif, I was wondering why I wasn't borging or going AI when the position was free. I DEFINITELY want to appeal that one. It took volunteering to be borged and ahelping to be told I had 5 days left
I apologize if you were trying to turn them off and you ended up in a clicking match with the CE, From the log point of view it seemed like you were intentionally turning them on and with a previous history of not following laws i may have jumped the gun on that portion. The portion that got me to do a ban though was that you had setup a deterrent as a paladin lawset which says to protect the innocent and to not do evil and by setting a room to siphon before anyone was even in there you've setup a situation that should you come offline (as what happened) you cannot turn it off and thus could potentially kill innocent people. I would recommend maybe talking with some of the AI players on how to understand the laws you have or if you are unsure ask a mod that is online at the time.
(01-16-2020, 01:28 AM)buzzardman2 Wrote: I apologize if you were trying to turn them off and you ended up in a clicking match with the CE, From the log point of view it seemed like you were intentionally turning them on and with a previous history ---
No worries! I can totally understand if it came off that way, especially with how confusing it was on my end too. On getting tips, Toxik actually shot me a PM on Discord offering help with being AI should I need it, so I've taken them up on their offer
Well that's awesome i'm glad! Hopefully you become a successful AI as good as guil and eva. Big Grin We're here to help in not just keeping the server rules enforced but to also help players learn and enjoy the game so if you need any help always feel free to ask. Ahelp is there not just to report people but to ask questions as well.
(01-16-2020, 07:50 AM)buzzardman2 Wrote: Well that's awesome i'm glad! --
Cheers, Chief! o7 
I do also much like being a Cyborg, too. Just doing my best, and trying to learn to do better
Can confirm I did pm him about playing AI. I’ve been busy so I didn’t get to talk much but with the weekend coming up I can finally work with him if he needs it.

Do be careful with volunteering to be turned into a cyborg while you have a silicon ban, some admins will see that as a ban evasion.
(01-16-2020, 09:26 PM)Toxika Wrote: Can confirm I did pm him about playing AI. I’ve been busy so I didn’t get to talk much but with the weekend coming up I can finally work with him if he needs it.

Do be careful with volunteering to be turned into a cyborg while you have a silicon ban, some admins will see that as a ban evasion.
Didn't actually even know about the ban, in the first place. Found out firsthand when my robo coworker asked if I wanted to be borged and I volunteered.
Expired. Closing.
[Image: 8SOCkdc.gif]