Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Question
So can detectives make arrests or not? they used to not be able to now they can? They are only supposed to be investigators according to the wiki but I've heard multiple things from different admins and mods.
Hey! A security question!!! #AskAbraxisAboutSec

Hopefully i can clear this up for you.

There are 2 things at play here; Rules and job mechanics. Strictly speaking, as a member of Sec its your job to help maintain the security of the station. That means all members of security are charged with the same task: protect the station. Per the Fulp rules there is nothing to prevent a detective from making arrests. If you want to go and arrest someone, do it, as long as you follow space law, SOP and server rules.

However, and here is where the confusion likely comes from, the detective was not DESIGNED to arrest people. They just dont have the kit. They dont have enough non-lethals, they do not start with the proper equipment. So arresting a dangerous criminal is much harder as a detective than it is with any other security job. However, if you are robust enough, its still easily doable. 

I hope that helps clear it up.
[Image: bio_20070.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
anyone can make an arrest if you're robust enough. even the stinky warden and his cheater baby gloves. i suggest reading my beginner's guide to being robust, here on the general forums.

attempting to arrest someone without being robust is a good way to end your round reeeeal quick.
Detective shouldn't make any arrest, its not his job, but as a member of security its his job to protect the station so if the need or opportunity shows up, go for it.
The problem with Detectives arresting people for the moderation team is that most of the time there is Detective work to be done but instead they just play as Security Officer with round start revolver.
If needed a Detective should make a arrest, but your goal should always be to investigate first and find the criminals for the Officers to arrest.
[Image: 9akmqeO.png]
This is fine...
(02-10-2020, 08:25 PM)Guillame Prata Wrote: Detective shouldn't make any arrest, its not his job, but as a member of security its his job to protect the station so if the need or opportunity shows up, go for it.
The problem with Detectives arresting people for the moderation team is that most of the time there is Detective work to be done but instead they just play as Security Officer with round start revolver.
If needed a Detective should make a arrest, but your goal should always be to investigate first and find the criminals for the Officers to arrest.

Guillame is the smartest boi.
[Image: bio_20070.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I’ve arrested people that I interviewed, such as going to their department and saying I’d like it interview them would them mind being cuffed, etc... if that doesn’t work I call security over to help with the arrest