Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terra's Guide to Robust Virology
I've noticed since playing this game that viro is one of those jobs that is least understood. Very rarely do we get rounds that actually have a decent healing disease circulating among the crew. More often than not, it's either and ill-intentioned griefer making "super aids" that ends up only being mildly annoying, or an inexperienced player forgetting to neuter harmful symptoms. Either way, the virologist usually ends up with shitsec knocking down their doors. I know I've personally beaten multiple to death while playing CMO.

So, with that in mind, I've decided to write somewhat of a strategy guide to guide new players in a more specific direction without actually spoonfeeding them. Not trying to shit on TG's wiki, but their guides tend to give you a set of memorized steps rather than explaining the concepts behind why said steps are important.

This guide aims to provide players with more efficient/quick ways of going about virology, while maximizing the potency of the viruses they create. From there, it's a matter of them experimenting with what symptom combinations work and when.

Link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Rhe...sp=sharing

Feedback is greatly encouraged. I may write more of these in the future.
This is really good, I'll probably use this at some point myself lol. I'd love to see more
[Image: i1wH7KB.png][Image: EYsHyKQ.png]
Thanks for the guide! It looks awesome. Virology is something I want to get into more, but I also feel bad taking up the slot not knowing how to do things.
[Image: HYG7Rmv]
This generally applies to all roles:
If the person is willing to show you the ropes you can always just ask them. Virologists will sometimes be willing.
Much of the time you'll get a crank or two - in that case, if you want to learn really badly, I'd encourage you to download the full game and run it locally. It's quite easy to do.