Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spacingnevada Mentor Application
Byond Account: SpacingNevada
Character Name(s): Percy Sullivan, C.A.I.
Discord Name: SpacingNevada
Timezone: Eastern (GMT -4)
Active hours: 7AM - 11PM except Fri. and Sat.

How long have you played on Fulpstation? SS13 in general?

I started playing in the Oney-tide and have somehow managed to wrack up 264 hours on Fulpstation. I only play on Fulpstation and, having tried a bunch of other servers briefly, I don't think that's about to change any time soon.

What departments are you able to be a mentor for? Can you elaborate on your experience in those departments?

I've spent the largest chunk of my time as Silicon [AI (53 Hrs), Borg (19 hrs)] and various security roles including HoS (15 Hrs). I've worked my way up to Captain and have been enjoying that quite a bit lately. I've also played Station Engineer (21 hrs), Cargo (13 hrs), and Translocated Vet (20 min).

What are some things you've noticed as a player on Fulp?

There are many people who show up in OOC chat who say things like "This game is confusing and overwhelming, what do I do!?" and they're often just told to check the wiki, take 'easy' jobs and hope for the best. The wiki is fairly confusing and often outdated so it helps to have people who have already been through it all and are up to date on the changelog around to give advice.

Feel free to spitball anything else you want to add as to why we should consider you for mentorship.

I'm older than any of the other applicants (not that age is everything by any means but experience does count for something).
I have experience tutoring math and physics at the high school and university levels.
I went to school for 3D game animation / game design so I can even answer some more technical, meta type questions though I still have to familiarize myself with the code base.
I'm always on the Discord and usually at least in OOC in game if not outright playing/observing.
I like mentors
[Image: 8SOCkdc.gif]
if you're interested in doing ss13 code you could apply for contributor. i recommend you toy with it a bit first though.
i like the cut of your gib and see you in discord a lot so i welcome ye. we're still waiting for our mentor system to be fixed though.
PHP Code:
print("honest to god this shit sucks"