Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned by Shlomobergstein
Your OOC name (byond username): Mad Kunt

Your Discord username and #tag: None

Approximate Time of Ban (Give your best estimate. Used for investigation): 2019-10-11 12:42:53 round ID 3845

Ban Reason/Message (Copy paste or screenshot of the ban screen with round ID, banning admin visible)

Access denied.
Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Mad Kunt) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Ahelping a murder that was being handled, then being cloned and metagrudging the person who killed them, display clone memory disorder next time This ban (BanID #5186 was applied by Shlomobergerstein on 2019-10-11 12:42:53 during round ID 3845. The ban is 1 day and expires on 2019-10-12 12:42:53 (server time).

State your appeal (Please limit to 500 words or less): I asked shlomo multiple times if anything was done to it but didnt get an answer, got finally cloned by admin intervention I think and obviously was upset about me getting murdered and nothing was apparently done to it since my murderers were walking free I asked again if anything was being done to it but got no answer. Got banned for metagrudging for a whole 24 hours, and what I learned was ahelping an issue yourself might lead to you getting banned instead and the real violators walking away free.
Use the ban apeal format please.
Here are the relevant rules:

8: Do not ask admins what they’ve done to take care of an AHELP or grief situation. If it was reported, and they responded to say it’s being handled, then it’s being handled. You’ll be asked questions about the situation if needed, and you’re encouraged to provide whatever info you can. But insisting to the admins that you must know what was done makes your AHELP request seem petty, and admins may not be willing to take your side next time.

1.7: Demonstrate Clone Memory Disorder. If your character returns from the dead via cloning or cyborgization, they should not remember anything related to their death and absolutely nothing they saw after they died. You retain your memories if you are revived by defibrillator or magic. If you get to return to a round as a different character, such as a personal AI, drone, adamantine golem, animal, space ninja, etc., you should not remember anything that happened before you became that new character. On the other hand, if the character had their brain removed while they were alive, as either a humanoid or cyborg, or had their soul taken with a soulstone, they retain all memories of their life.

The ban is justified from what I'm seeing in your post. Taking things into your own hands and retaliating generally makes you part of the problem.

We can't always answer whether or not something is done in an ahelp. Take for example if the person who killed you was an antagonist who had you as a target. If we marked it as IC, you now know that likely was the case. If you were then cloned, you would know this when you shouldn't. Most of the time, the only way to keep from indirectly ick-ocking through ticket verdicts is by minimizing communication with the person reporting, hence general rule 8. Some admins will opt to communicate more about the verdict, some will communicate less. It's not really set in stone on our end of what is expected in this regard, but anything more than complete silence is generally a bonus. 
But I wasnt revived by cloner I was revived my an admin so I would keep my memories
[2019-10-11 16:33:30.093] CLONING: Mad kunt/(Poot The Bum Clown) completed cloning cycle in the cloning pod at Genetics Lab (152, 113, 2).

That's not an admin heal. I ctrl-F'd the whole game log for the word "heal", and nothing regarding you was in there.
(10-11-2019, 07:32 PM)Terra Wrote: [2019-10-11 16:33:30.093] CLONING: Mad kunt/(Poot The Bum Clown) completed cloning cycle in the cloning pod at Genetics Lab (152, 113, 2).

That's not an admin heal. I ctrl-F'd the whole game log for the word "heal", and nothing regarding you was in there.
Weird thing since my brain was taken away and the cloning didnt work before also Shlomo said something along the lines "huh that worked"
(10-11-2019, 07:43 PM)Mad Kunt Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 07:32 PM)Terra Wrote: [2019-10-11 16:33:30.093] CLONING: Mad kunt/(Poot The Bum Clown) completed cloning cycle in the cloning pod at Genetics Lab (152, 113, 2).

Weird thing since my brain was taken away and the cloning didnt work before also Shlomo said something along the lines "huh that worked"
They were making empty clones of you, putting them in the cloner, and then cloning it again, some big brain found your brain and cloned u,  i didnt aheal you, i commented on how you were alife
Omnes una manet Nox. Dum spiro, spero. Per angusta ad augusta. Per aspera ad paradisum.
This seems like a miscommunication happened here, resulting in incidental metagrudging.

Its important that we give people notification that we are looking into their issues, but its also important that the resolutions are as unseen as possible so they don't interfere with the rounds, sometimes that means knowing the results of a ticket.
[Image: 8SOCkdc.gif]