Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mentor application
Byond Account: Qfmysteryman23
Character Name(s): Cleans-His-Ass
Discord Name: Massage#7953
Timezone: pacific
Active hours: usually 3:00pm - 9:00pm

Q:How long have you played on Fulpstation? SS13 in general?
A:I have been playing since April of 2019, I have more than 700hours on the server.

Q:What departments are you able to be a mentor for? Can you elaborate on your experience in those departments?
A: I could mentor for medical department as I have extensive knowledge about chemistry and medical surgery.

Q:What are some things you've noticed as a player on Fulp?
A: Players who play medical are new and they fucking suck and thus I could mentor them on how to get better.

Q:Feel free to spitball anything else you want to add as to why we should consider you for mentorship.
A: I'm on the server a lot and I have extensive knowledge on many aspects of the game since I have over 700 hours of experience. 
PHP Code:
print('Kill lizards'
can you speak to how you've grown since my previous run in with you? i've had issues with your behavior in the past and would like your perspective on that. thanks
PHP Code:
print("honest to god this shit sucks"
I haven’t interacted with his character in a while but based on the application alone

(12-06-2019, 03:31 AM)windarkata Wrote: can you speak to how you've grown since my previous run in with you? i've had issues with your behavior in the past and would like your perspective on that. thanks
Well I have not been banned in a long time since I am no longer a shitter and in the past I was banned a lot because of gogeta hating my guts. It’s funny that ever since he has been gone I have not been banned.

(12-06-2019, 03:11 PM)Fofofo21 Wrote: I haven’t interacted with his character in a while but based on the application alone

What’s wrong with my application?
PHP Code:
print('Kill lizards'
Being a mentor isn't about knowledge. Its 80% attitude and character, 10% knowledge, 5% availability, and 5% time in the community. No, not really, I just made those figures up. But the point still stands. Its more about attitude and personal character than anything else. You stated:

"Players who play medical are new and they fucking suck and thus I could mentor them on how to get better."

There are many ways that you could have worded that. At face value, it makes you seem like a pompous, arrogant jerk. My advise is to look at the other successful (Closed) mentor applications and look and see what they all have in common. My other advice is to put a little more work into your application. You only wrote a sentence for each of the questions. The amount of work you put into your application shows the staff how much work you will put into being a mentor.