Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lavaland is now banned
Your OOC name (byond username): Doxdd

Your in-game name (Used most or at the time): Asher Clarke

Your Discord username and #tag: Asher#6284

Approximate Time of Ban (Give your best estimate. Used for investigation): 16:13:47

Ban Reason/Message (Copy paste or screenshot of the ban screen with round ID, banning admin visible):
[Image: 9mY48Fc.png]
State your appeal (Please limit to 500 words or less): Mayhem in a Bottle is a bubblegum drop, and lavaland loot has always been in a grey area. I do genuinely remember asking someone about this before, but I also dug through all of my screen-caps about three times and didn't find anything, so I could be wrong on that. If it's bannable to use bottle of a mayhem because it's "grief" then it shouldn't exist in the game, because the only reasonable situation to use it then is as a traitor with hijack. Keep in mind bubblegum spawns are nerfed, and I've only seen him really spawned through puzzle cubes now. So in order to reasonably use this item, you need be a traitor, with hijack, you have to find a puzzle cube spawn which isn't guaranteed, hope it spawns bubblegum, and then actually kill bubblegum. The chances of that happening are almost null.
[Image: 25b373e0cc0250a5dadf074d60a51b6a.gif]
Directly from the TG Wiki:

Mayhem in a Bottle: When used, it sends everyone on the screen in an unstoppable rage, equipping all of them with chainsaws, giving them adminordrazine, a red screen, and the objective to 'RIP AND TEAR'. They'll see every other person as slaughter demons. This effects lasts two minutes. You really shouldn't use this as a non-antag.

Right there in black and white. "You really shouldn't use this as a non-antag." This is a blatant warning.

How would it be a good thing to throw that into a shuttle?

Your argument of "If it's bannable to use bottle of a mayhem because it's "grief" then it shouldn't exist in the game" is null and void. That's like saying CO2 shouldn't exist in the game because you can use it to grief people. Everything in the game has a purpose, and a role that the item has the purpose for. Just because YOU cant use something whenever you want, to do whatever you want, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game Mr. Asher. You sir, need to learn the difference between antag and non-antag. Perhaps in your time away from the server you will conduct some research and do some soul searching to make sure that you know what the difference is.

Pretend that the game is the real world. Before you do something, ask yourself.... "Is there any chance I would get in trouble for this?" If the answer is yes, don't do it.
Damn, I didn't realize we were banning fun. Server searching sounds like a better suggestion.
>banning fun

c’mon man
sure it’s probably fun for *you*, but not others.
I'm glad you have your priorities in check. Enjoy your job simulator.
(12-05-2019, 04:28 PM)Asher Wrote: I'm glad you have your priorities in check. Enjoy your job simulator.
Umm...yeah? This game is literally built for roleplay; if you want to grief and self antag you might want to check out another, more lax server.
I'll take responsibility for this one. I did say something like this in-game during august.
My viewpoint is, lavaland has a whole lot of self-antag bullshit
you can become a wizard, a wish granters apostle, a morph, a nightmare, and a ton of other items would turn you into an antagonist.
Blood contract and bottle of mayhem being another two.
If you use that item and temporarily gain antag objectives. It's fair game to do those objectives until you lose them. Because, why would the item exist if you cant use it?

Noticeably, this was before the MRP rule changes. But, I think anything done with Hijack antag status. Should be punished as you would someone with the said objective.

The red screen doesn't make you murder anyone. Those loud objectives giving you free reign to kill do!
[Image: bio_19022.png]